6 Prone Plus with knit Cover Medium 1250-2000 gram, 6/case
Prone Plus, designed with input from bedside clinicians and therapists, was developed to meet the prone positioning needs of hospitalized infants. Prone Plus assists in proper prone positioning and ventral support by utilizing the natural force of gravity. The unique hourglass shape facilitates natural rounding of the shoulders, hand-to-mouth coordination and head and trunk alignment – all important components in the support of the Developmental Care of infants.
- Wipeable, reusable urethane cover
- Soft, washable outer knit covering
- Comfortable, antimicrobial viscoelastic (memory) foam
- Four different sizes to provide for proper positioning of premature though full-term infants.
Benefits of Prone Positioning
- Facilitates shoulder rounding when arms are at sides
- Promotes flexion of the extremities without placing excessive pressure on knees and elbows
- Supports alignment of the head and trunk
- Facilitates hand-to-mouth coordination
- Allows infant’s legs to remain tucked with pelvis tilted forward
Clinical Benefits of Prone Positioning
- Encourages development of flexor tone
- Provides appropriate positioning on the stomach as an alternative to other positions to reduce skull flattening
- Allows active neck extension and head raising